July 11, 2012

Menswear Wednesday: Ralph Lauren Rugby

When I was interning with C-SPAN in the spring in Washington, D.C., my go-to weekend activity was shopping in Georgetown. If I wasn't at the Lincoln Memorial or strolling down the National Mall, I was walking up and down M Street.

It's honestly a shopper's paradise-- thank God I didn't go to Georgetown University. M Street had mostly every store my outdoor shopping mall at home has, but when I first laid eyes on the Ralph Lauren Rugby store, I think I had a minor heart attack.


My over-exaggerated, dramatic reaction went a little like this: 


"WHAT? THIS PLACE EXISTS SOMEWHERE ELSE BESIDES THE INTERNET??! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, WE MUST GO INSIDE."

I don't think my friends were as excited as me. Needless to say, I was hooked on how unique the clothes were, and how different from normal Ralph Lauren clothing most of the items were. Sadly, I think I fell in love more with the men's line than the women's, which isn't too surprising. I've had this odd attraction to men's clothes since I started college-- not wearing it of course, but rather putting outfits together. 


I guess I can blame it on the guys I hung around...sometimes they can be as fashion-conscious as women when trying to figure what to wear when we go out. And I'm not joking when I say they all suit-up in Polo button-downs and say it's "Ralph on Ralph on Ralph."



I wanted to dedicate a time each week to feature something on men's fashion, so I've decided to create "Menswear Wednesdays." I wasn't planning on garnering a huge following of male bloggers, but who knows, maybe there's a few guys in the blogosphere similar to my friends. 



                


All three looks are great for the late summer months going into the fall. 


Look 1: Navy & white striped sweater with white pants, the latter of the two should be worn on every occasion possible in the summer. :)
Look 2: Crewneck sweatshirt paired with chino shorts and a red, lightweight jacket. 
Look 3: Forget about the sleeveless sweater vest (those went out of style after Jim Tressel left OSU), but you can never go wrong with nantucket reds!


Photos from rugby.com.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! However my husband has a "style" and sticks to it. Rght now it is golf shorts and shirts. They are lightweight breathable, but nice, material. It is only around 100 degrees here on a daily basis. Nit sure if I wish he was this into his clothes or not. His simplicity now leaves more money for me to shop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soft spot for men in Ralph Lauren...sigh! Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog and I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin! I'd love it if you'd follow back!

    ReplyDelete